Thursday, February 20, 2014

Slave Codes

Haven't blogged yet but I've got to start somewhere...so here I go.  Just some random thoughts as I finish up case study 1.   North Carolina was one of the states with codes and restrictions that were less harsh than other states, although the codes still seemed to be quite restrictive.  All these questions we have been pondering about agency and could slaves be considered an agent,  looking at it from a cut and dry prospective, without involving philosophy, it could be said that there was no way slaves could be considered anything but a piece of property.  But since this course is about looking at things philosophically and looking past what is just there in writing and trying to figure out what it all means, I guess I should start thinking more like a philosopher and blog more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment